Our platform collects data. A lot of data. There is no set pattern of time when this data is loaded, it comes in constantly with multiple events per second. Dealing with such a flow of streaming data brings in its own set of challenges. We cannot just wait an hour, a day or a week to process what we receive as we want insights from the data as soon as it comes in. In any case, if we wait, the data would become too big to process.
Webpower data platform consists of multiple clusters, spread out between Europe and China. The storage and processing backbone is Hadoop while our ingestion pipeline is based on Kafka. A large ecosystem surrounds these clusters, making sure they are always up, easy to use and perform well.
The motto of the data team is ‘self-service data’. If coworkers or clients need data, they should be able to access it, without having to jump through complicated hoops or convoluted set ups. This implies great design, well though out tools and processes as well as a great deal of forward thinking.
As part of the broader devops team, you are a member of the technical backbone of webpower where quality, pragmatism, teamwork and agility are keys. The team is a global team, spread in the Netherlands (Barneveld) and in China (Chengdu). You will report to the senior data architect in the Netherlands.
Main expected day to day duties
- manage our clusters: configuration, monitoring, extension;
- automate all the things;
- interact with the DevOps team to strengthen and improve the platform;
- always make data easier to access;
- write relevant scripts/code to glue, automate, simplify.
Tools and technologies we use
- Linux (Debian, Centos);
- Ruby, Python, Java, Bash;
- bachelor degree minimum;
- ability to communicate effectively in both English and Dutch;
- independent and self motivated;
- you have the drive to understand why and how things works;
- proven extensive Linux experience;
- Hadoop administration experience (2+ year);
- ability to develop in at least one language with ideally some Java exposure;
- ideally some big data development experience.
We offer you
- a nice working environment with technological professionals;
- good salary and terms of employment;
- good pension plan;
- ambitious and enthusiastic colleagues;
- responsibility and freedom in the course of your role;
- good development opportunities;
- a fun and open atmosphere in a pleasant international working environment.
Webpower is a SaaS company that develops software in the field of marketing automation. With the combination of innovative techniques and extensive expertise in online marketing communications, we have made many successes for our customers.
Since its founding in 1999, the Webpower organisation became an international player with offices in Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and China. Since 2013, Webpower belongs to the top 5 email marketing automation specialists in Europe and is number one market leader in China. Webpower serves the world’s leading companies, including Heineken, Huawei, Disney, BMW, Vogue and Alibaba.com.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your resume with motivation to email@example.com. For more information contact Emiel Roelofsen at telephone number: +31 (0)342 423 262.
No agency calls please.